Learn the powerful enterprise adaptable database:

Getting Started With ADABAS & Natural

Saturday, October 20, 2018

Solution To: Warning ... deactivate UAC with msconfig after this setup



PROBLEM:
During XAMPP Installation, the installer issued a warning message saying that "...an activated User Account Control (UAC) on your system some functions of ... are possibly restricted..."


SOLUTION:
1. Hold the Windows Key down and press “R” to bring up the “Run” dialog.
2. Type “msconfig“. An option for “System Configuration” should appear. Select it.
3. Select the “Tools” tab.
4. Select “Change UAC Settings“, then select the “Launch” button.

You can choose 1 of 4 settings. From top to bottom they are:
[1] Always notify me when – Programs try to install software or make changes to my computer and when I make changes to Windows settings.
[2] Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer – Don’t notify me when I make changes to Windows settings.
[3] Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer (do not dim my desktop) – Don’t notify me when I make changes to Windows settings.
[4] Never notify me when – Programs try to install software or make changes to my computer and when I make changes to Windows settings.

The bottom option  (no [4]) completely disables UAC. Select this option.

Restart your windows for the changes to take effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment