1) Download XAMPP for Windows, http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html.
2) Unzip to Windows Root, i.e C:\
3) Right-Hand Click xampp-control, Select Run as Administrator.
1) If XAMPP is not installed at the root, you must run the setup_xampp.bat file in order for the XAMPP to reconfigure itself to new path.
2) Take note that PHP in this package needs the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable package from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5582. Please ensure that the VC++ 2008 runtime libraries are installed on your system.
3) If XAMPP is installed to a PC running VMWARE, there may be a Port 443 Conflict issue, refer http://setup-steps.blogspot.com/2013/01/xampp-and-vmware-workstation-on-windows.html for troubleshooting.
4) Run Apache if you want to run a Web Server and PHP application.
5) If you want to run Java application, run Tomcat.
6) If you need a database server, run MySQL.